1. Sydney Writers Festival 22nd-28 May 2017
I will be seeing Robert Forster ex founding member of the Go-Betweens, he’s doing a talk at the Sydney Writer’s Festival. He has written a book called GRANT & I. I saw the Go-Betweens play live loads of times in London over the years. They have recorded over 15 albums but never really hit the big time! A bit like the Indie band I was in during the 90’s – never quite got there but had a lot of praise during their time.
I will be seeing Liane Moriarty author of The Husband’s Secret and Little Big Lies – she was really popular in my book club back in the UK. I have been living on the Northern Beaches for the last month so have been getting a feel for where some of the books were set.
- To book visit a place at the festival online: www.swf.org.au
2. Palm Beach Pool – I love the salt water pools at the northern beaches. Palm Beach a beautiful spot to sit against a warm wall and watch the sea, the pool and the blue sky. Followed by a coffee in a lovely coffee shop called 2108 espresso!
- Take a boat trip from Palm Beach to Pittwater and back. I took a trip from Palm Beach to Ettalong Beach and visited a friend in Umina. It was lovely to be on the water!
My favourite spot Air BnB – check out this amazing location and a cosy cabin with views overlooking Palm Beach, located in the Northern Beaches of Sydney. I can personally vouch for Bobbie she is a lovely person and you couldn’t ask for a better host.
Here are some images of her place:
5. Clothes shopping Absolutely, no need to leave the peninsula for a shopping trip. I came across a brand called BOOM Shankar – it’s colourful brand, fun, practical and stylish too! The skirt I bought is perfect for travelling as its reversible. It’s a FREE SIZE and held together with poppers and made with 100% cotton. If you can afford to go upmarket or buy a signature piece for your wardrobe visit Lee Matthews shop in Newport Beach – OMG – Beautifully made clothes but sadly not on my budget. The pieces you would wear for years to come! If you are on a budget pop a few doors down and find a bargain with second-hand designer wear at Encore. Again I saw some Lee Mathews clothes in there.
6. Avalon Cinema – catch a movie here see what ‘s one.. this week it was Their Finest – a British Comedy with Bill Nighy and Gemma Atherton.
- 7. I haven’t been to Bigola Beach yet, so if it’s sunny this week I will be heading down to this beach again and trying out their pool. There are so many beaches that are all gorgeous but you might as well as visit as many as you can!
8. Mona Vale yoga – Introductory price only $29.00 for a whole week’s yoga.
- My Organic Hairdressers – Corner of Foamcrest & Coles Prd. Newport Beach, NSW 2016 – Meet the lovely Hairdresser Claire… and her lovely dog Koochi.
To book call Claire on 9979 2494
- Visit one of the many cafes on the Northern Beaches and read one of my favourite books this month: Jamie Catto’s Insanely Gifted Turn your Demons into Rocket Fuel and Robert Forster’s Grant & I.
Why I have fallen in love with Sydney, Australia – May 2017
peninsular” – Palm Beach rock pool /Newport Beach Rockpool – all the beautiful beaches – who needs to go anywhere!